New Play 1's Sound Different ?

• 2 January 2017
  • 26 replies

Badge +1
I have recently added to my sonos system, but the 2 newest play 2's sound different to the one existing play 1 I had, ie. the older one seems to have a more rounded "Bassier" sound than the 2 newer ones, do they "run in over time" or has the design changed ? all settings have been reset to default etc.... any help/advice appreciated

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

26 replies

Interesting - I have a1.20 bought new - and a 1.8 bought second hand and inadequately packaged so therefor on its way back - it seemed that it had been dropped in transit - when I tested them together in the same place where my 1.20 sounded lovely - deep - detailed - the 1.8 sounded fragile lacked warmth or depth - I assumed that the difference may have been in how the unit had been handled in transit but is it the consensus here that the difference is endemic in un Trueplay corrected units - so - if Trueplay is so crucial in the setup and harmony of Sonos speakers why is it only available to a subset of Sonos users - I am an android user and so have no access to iOS devices.

Should I expect any replacement with the 1.8 firmware to sound the same as the above uncorrected or otherwise.