Question

New Construction Installation Brackets - Sonance In-Ceiling

• 14 May 2020
  • 1 reply

Hi everyone,

I’m doing a new build with some Sonos in ceiling speakers. Does anyone know if the Sonos in ceiling speakers have a compatible installation bracket I can put in before the drywall goes up?  Sonance has medium round flex brackets for new construction for their round speakers which are pretty close in size to the Sonos versions and use the same Roto-lock installation, but the spec sheet looks like they’re a little over 1/4” wider in diameter. Any experience you can share would be helpful. Thanks. 

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

According to the manual, it does not. Regardless, I don’t think you would want to use those mounting brackets before the drywall goes up, as brackets (or the whole speaker) itself installs into the drywall, not attached to studs. All you really want to do before drywall is the wiring in the right place.  Be careful when getting an electrician to do the speaker wiring as they sometimes will place wires against a stud, making speaker installation more difficult.

It’s not difficult to cut into the drywall, using the provided template.  My understanding of the purpose of brackets is that it’s easier to lock the template in place instead of the entire speaker due to less weight.  Also makes it easier to connect wires to speaker, or fix wiring, since you don’t have to remove the bracket to access the wiring.