Netflix audio issue with Sonos Amp

• 15 January 2021
  • 10 replies

Hi.

My setup: Nvidia Shield-->hdmi-->Hisense 65” smart tv-->hdmi ARC-->Sonos amp.

With “passtrugh setting” on TV menu audio I can ear sound from my speaker with Kodi app but when I try to start Netflix app the sound go away.

Same issue with Diney+.

I try to test all setting on Shield, but I can’t solve the problem.

There’s some way to fix this issue?

Thanks in advance.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

10 replies

Userlevel 7

What other options on your TV do you have other than “passthrough”?

-auto

-PCM

-digital

-dolby digital

-dolby digital plus

Userlevel 7

Try Auto or Dolby Digital Plus.

Auto mode don’t work.

PCM works fine but I can’t understand if the signal out is 2.0 or 5.1.

At this time I haven’t test dolby digital….

In digital mode, auto mode and passtrogh mode the Sonos app S2 popup me that the input signal is not supported.

What kind of signal is supported by Sonos amp hdmi in?

Thanks

Try Dolby Digital and Dolby Digital Plus.

Userlevel 7

@Scomed99 After some research, I found out the Amp only supports up to Dolby Digital 5.1, not Dolby Digital Plus. So set your setting to Dolby Digital or PCM.

To see what audio signal the Amp is receiving, while audio is playing, in the Sonos app, go to System > About My System and scroll down to the Amp information and see what it says after “Audio In:”.

Just a comment here...in general, ARC (as part of CEC) is supposed to send a list of available formats from the client device (Sonos) to the hub (TV) which should be automatically set. From what I’ve seen in other threads, it appears that Hisense has not always properly followed the correct implementation of CEC. 

It’s worth double checking to ensure your TV has the latest version of software available, and that CEC is turned on, as when using ARC, you’re not supposed to be able to change the options mentioned in previous posts. 

However, as previously suggested, the two signals the Sonos Amp can indeed ‘read’ are either Stereo, or Dolby Digital. Anything else sent from the TV to the Amp will not play. 

Thanks for reply.

Ok, now it's all clear.

I try some ways and the goal is send to the amp a DD or DD+ stream.

Is It possibile set DD+ on TV setting or set only DD and DD+ choice on the Nvidia shield audio out with TV passtrough set ON.

Sonos app report DD 5.1 with multichannel media and pcm2.0 with stereo media.

Userlevel 7

If the Sonos app is showing you are getting DD 5.1 from multichannel media and PCM 2.0 from stereo media, that is the best you are going to get from your current set up. Whatever settings gave you these results, keep it the same.

The real difference is that with second option Is It possibile menage dts signal.

Shlied with all audio format set ON and DD+ TV audio setting.

By other way dts master audio Is downgrade to pcm2.0.