Question

NEEDS UPDATED.... BUT DO NOT CURRENTLY HAVE INTERNET ACCESS????

• 1 October 2016
  • 3 replies

I AM NOT ABLE TO USE MY SONOS RIGHT NOW BECAUSE IT IS TELLING ME I NEED TO DO AN UPDATE. MY PROBLEM IS THAT I DO NOT CURRENTLY HAVE INTERNET ACCESS. SO IT WILL NOT LET ME DO THE UPDATE. I CAN'T EVEN LISTEN TO THE MUSIC THAT IS ON MY PHONE WITH MY SONOS RIGHT NOW. IS THERE ANYWAY TO BYPASS THE UPDATE SO I CAN AT LEAST LISTEN TO MY MUSIC??

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +21
You must have had internet access for Sonos to know an update were required.

Also, your CAPS-LOCK key must be broken.
Yeah I did have Internet at the time it was installed. I currently do not have Internet at the moment and it may be a bit until I do. So in the meantime is there a way to accomplish doing the update while not having internet? I have even tried to update while at another location that has Internet and it will not let me because that location does not have Sonos!! So, any suggestions??
Userlevel 7
Badge +21
You need internet connectivity. Haven't you got a smart phone or tablet? If so install the app on that, take your speaker with network cable to your mates. Plug the speaker into the router, connect to the network on your phone/tablet and then connect to the speaker and update.