Question

my connect amp has a blinking white and amber light?

• 27 June 2013
  • 18 replies

Badge
my connect amp has a blinking white and amber light?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

18 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +2
Hello Jeff, Is the white light alternating back and forth between white and amber? This can mean a couple different things: 1. If the white and amber light are blinking back and forth in even time, this means the CONNECT:AMP is in the middle of an update process. Usually it will show this for about a minute when you initiate an update from the controller. 2. If the player shows a long amber light followed by a short white light, this means the amp has faulted in the unit. This is usually caused by something going wrong with the wired speakers, such as they're trying to draw too much power from the amp and the amp has shut itself off for safety. If the amp is faulting, we'll want to get some more information on the speakers that are wired to the unit. If possible, we'd also like to see a diagnostic report from your system so I can confirm that the amp is faulting: https://sonos.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/142 Thanks!
Badge
Thanks Ryan. I just submitted the diagnostic information. Let me know if you need the confirmation report.
Badge
By the way, it is condition #2 in your original note above. Let me know if you need the confirmation number.
Userlevel 5
Badge +2
Hi Jeff, Yes, if you don't mind, please post the confirmation number and I'll have a look at the logs for you.
Hi 4223727 please advise
Userlevel 5
Badge +2
Hi 4223727 please advise

Hi Richard, looks like your CONNECT:AMP is faulting as well. How many speakers are wired to this unit? Does the fault seem to happen when the CONNECT:AMP exceeds a certain volume?
Hi - I am having the same problem described above. It's scenario number 2 in Ryan's post above. Can you please advise? Thanks.
I am also having the same issue.  The speakers had been working just fine today.  Then, they just stopped and the lights began flashing.  Here is my confirmation number 4489276.  Thanks, Ryan
I am also having the same issue.  The speakers had been working just fine today.  Then, they just stopped and the lights began flashing.  Here is my confirmation number 4489276.  Thanks, Ryan
How long before I should look for a response?
Userlevel 6
Badge +16
Hi Ryan, sonos do look at every post here and will hopefully reply to you soon. If that's a problem I would advice contacting them direct.
Hello Jeff, Is the white light alternating back and forth between white and amber? This can mean a couple different things: 1. If the white and amber light are blinking back and forth in even time, this means the CONNECT:AMP is in the middle of an update process. Usually it will show this for about a minute when you initiate an update from the controller. 2. If the player shows a long amber light followed by a short white light, this means the amp has faulted in the unit. This is usually caused by something going wrong with the wired speakers, such as they're trying to draw too much power from the amp and the amp has shut itself off for safety. If the amp is faulting, we'll want to get some more information on the speakers that are wired to the unit. If possible, we'd also like to see a diagnostic report from your system so I can confirm that the amp is faulting: https://sonos.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/142 Thanks!
I'm having the same issue with my connect
Hi. I am having the same issue with my connect amp as well. Any solution to this post?
I am also having this problem. I know for a fact that the speakers were wired up incorrectly by some amateur AV techs. Diagnostic number is 4735371. IS THERE A SOLUTION? No posted solution for a potentially common problem?
I am having the same issue (long amber light followed by short white light).  I am using the amp to drive two Dayton Audio IO655B 6-1/2" 2-Way Indoor/Outdoor Speakers (8 ohms).  After installing the speakers, I played some soft piano music and everything seemed normal.  I then switched to some louder rock music.  The music played for a few seconds, then played softly for a few seconds more and then stopped playing altogether.  I am using 16 gauge speaker wire that is well shielded.  The run from the amp to speaker is about 75 feet.  Please let me know what to do.  Thanks.
Userlevel 3
Its in fault mode, probably overheating? From the manual If the lights are flashing orange and white AND the volume automatically mutes, this indicates the player is experiencing a fault condition. • Press the Pause button to stop the audio • Check the room temperature to make sure it’s less than 104°F/40° C • If the player is in direct sunlight, provide shade • Allow the product to cool for several minutes and then press Play to restart the audio • If the problem does not resolve, please contact Customer Support Good luck!
Having the issue of alternating amber and white light on my Connect Amp, appear to be equal duration lagernating flash, uploaded diagnostic 6997453
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Having the issue of alternating amber and white light on my Connect Amp, appear to be equal duration lagernating flash, uploaded diagnostic 6997453

Hi Clickman,

Your CONNECT:AMP is reporting an amp fault. Please remove the speaker cables from the CONNECT:AMP and then reboot it. Once it's back online, play some music to it with the speaker wires still unattached. Then note whether the orange light flashes again. If not, try reconnecting the speaker cables making sure they are attached to both the CONNECT:AMP and speakers well. Then see if the orange light flashes again. If so, please try different cables.

If the lights flash while no cables are connected let me know and I'll create a support ticket for you.
Hello. Pool zone in question... 7864025
Amber and white flashing light persists without speakers connected after hard reboot.