I have had a single CONNECT for a long time and mostly really like it. I have a pretty large .flac library and things have been reasonably good and reliable.
I recently connected a 2nd CONNECT via CAT6e (the other is also wired) and it worked almost perfectly except that it could not load certain playlists that I had created within the Controller app, originally for the first (and for a long time the only) CONNECT on my network.
The newly-added CONNECT would play files, albums, webstreams etc but would NOT play my large hodge-podge playlist (it’s around 1,000 songs) but it WOULD play other smaller playlists lists. In fact, not only would it not play the 1,000-cong list it simply would not load.
I went around and around with tech support and even had them remote-in to my machine looking for oddities. They suggested the usual (reboot router, switches etc) but none of it worked.
I tried setting very specific folder permissions and that would not fix it either. Then it dawned on me:
What if I load the lengthy playlist in the CONNECT that IS working and then save the playlist with a new name?, so I did just that.
I then cleared the queue on the original CONNECT (TV Room) and invoked the 2nd CONNECT (Media Room) and dragged and dropped the newly-named playlist (remember...I simply saved the existing 1,000-song list it with a new name while it was open in the CONNECT that COULD read it) into the Media Room unit.
So, I then cleared the queue from the newly-installed Media Room unit and went back to my original unit and dragged the “save(d) as” playlist into the TV Room unit. The playlist immediately loaded.
I then deleted the original playlist that would load on the TV Room Connect but not the Media Room Connect and then RENAMED the list that I had just done via “save as”, and I renamed it back to the playlist’s original name.
This too worked, and on each of the two Connect units. I did not try to play the same list on both simultaneously as this really isn’t a scenario that I can envision ever doing.
Would simply changing the name of the existing playlist (the one that would not load on the 2nd unit) have done the trick? Maybe...but I am not going to deal with that. I would suggest that if you run into this issue though you give it a try before you do the ‘save as’ approach as it will save you a bit of time. On the other hand...working on a copy is sometimes a nice insurance policy because of possible corruption of the original.
One LAST thing...I have no idea if this is part of the issue or not: The CONNECT that I recently added was not purchased from Sonos, but from a friend. I had been using it in another residence so it was never on my network to begin with (though when I DID power it up the desktop ad found it and did a system update). Anyway, the newly-added unit was actually considerably older than the CONNECT that I bought direct from Sonos.
So far everything is running smoothly...my guess is that there are some bugs in the code that are ‘outsmarted’ by renaming the playlist. Luckily I had two bits or hardware to help diagnose the issue (which would have been tougher to figure out had I only the one CONNECT and had it failed to load there).
I don’t know if you have run into this issue but (knock on wood) the fix appears to be working.