Multi-Zone Sonos in a single box for head end

Show first post

159 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +2
If you just need to add another zone why not use Sonosnet rather than going for a wired solution?
Userlevel 2
If you just need to add another zone why not use Sonosnet rather than going for a wired solution?

Can you explain this a bit further?
You would think that Sonos would want something like the Denon Heos Drive in its product line.
http://usa.denon.com/us/heos-drive

Sonos still has a leg up on Heos software wise, but the Heos system is getting better and they have an open API. The Non Speaker Denon Heos products definitely sound better too, and the Denon Heos Drive sounds CONSIDERABLY better than the Sonos Connect: Amps

I'd go for stackable 1U non amped Connect with 4 zones per 1U, but they need greatly improved DAC's over the current model Connects. Sonos should be able to put the savings on Network adaptors, and power supplies into better DACs. We'd even pay OVER what buying 4 individual Connects would cost for that type of Pro Unit.

I'm working on a project right now that has 7 Connects and that's going to be a PITA in the Rack. I think I can stack 3 wide x 2 high, with the 7th on its side for the cost of 4U's on the Rack. Then I'll need to have a custom faceplate cut.

Sonos really needs to address this, or I'll be looking a lot closer at the Heos Drive.
You would think that Sonos would want something like the Denon Heos Drive in its product line.
http://usa.denon.com/us/heos-drive

Sonos still has a leg up on Heos software wise, but the Heos system is getting better and they have an open API. The Non Speaker Denon Heos products definitely sound better too, and the Denon Heos Drive sounds CONSIDERABLY better than the Sonos Connect: Amps

I'd go for stackable 1U non amped Connect with 4 zones per 1U, but they need greatly improved DAC's over the current model Connects. Sonos should be able to put the savings on Network adaptors, and power supplies into better DACs. We'd even pay OVER what buying 4 individual Connects would cost for that type of Pro Unit.

I'm working on a project right now that has 7 Connects and that's going to be a PITA in the Rack. I think I can stack 3 wide x 2 high, with the 7th on its side for the cost of 4U's on the Rack. Then I'll need to have a custom faceplate cut.

Sonos really needs to address this, or I'll be looking a lot closer at the Heos Drive.

If Sonos is so unsuitable for your project and the denon is so good, why aren't you using the denon?