Moving to UK

• 16 November 2005
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 2
I may be moving from the US to the UK soon. I see there's a voltage switch on the back of the ZPs--I'm assuming this means that I can use them in the UK simply by flipping the switch and buying a new plug. And since the charging cradle is DC, again, I'm assuming I just need a new plug.

Please tell me this is correct and I don't need to invest in transformers or get new units 😮

Thanks!

7 replies

Userlevel 2
You're all set, just make sure you flip that switch before you plug them in or you'll be sad.

Have fun in the UK, just got back from London tonight myself.

best,
-graham
Userlevel 2

Have fun in the UK, just got back from London tonight myself.

best,
-graham

Ah, we could have had a UK Sonos night out. Shame.
If you are using the Rhapsody service, I'm not sure what will happen over there.

Technically, it's US only, but they may not catch on for a while that you have moved. While it requires a bit of effort for them to check where you are at each logon, they could catch the move instantly.
If you try and sign up from the UK, a web page come up and says:

"Rhapsody is not yet offered in your country. Please check back later, and thanks for your interest in Rhapsody."

So there could be a problem.
Userlevel 2
Thanks for the helpful responses everyone--I don't use Rhapsody, so it looks like I'm all set.:D
Userlevel 2
Badge
Thanks for the helpful responses everyone--I don't use Rhapsody, so it looks like I'm all set.:D

Enjoy the warm beer - it's the only way to drink it 😃
Enjoy your trip- youll find plenty of bud and Mich over hereas well as ale- gives me a bad head!!