Question

Moving Sonos

• 8 October 2016
  • 2 replies

I know this question has been asked but just to check. I have a play 1 which I set up through wifi. Didn't have any cables in the box. I now want to take the speaker to another house fir the day then come back home and use as norm. I have created playlists through Spotify. Do I just set up with wifi there when I get there? Thanks

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

https://sonos.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/3144/~/switching-sonos-to-a-new-wifi-network

Are you sure there was no Ethernet cable?. Unusually for an Ethernet cable the Sonos version is flat.
Unless it can be temporarily wired to the network, the PLAY:1 would have to be factory reset to connect it to the other WiFi. Since this would wipe out all settings, Sonos Playlists and account details it's probably not something one would want to do.

The other house must have some kind of Ethernet cable. In this day and age there seems to be one included in the box with each and every item of network equipment. I have so many in storage that SWMBO accuses me of hoarding.