Question

Move not charging on ring..

• 15 September 2020
  • 8 replies

The ring will not charge my move any more (I’ve had it for 3-4 months, and this started happening a week ago).  

the Ubsc charger will charge the device. But not the ring.  No charging light comes on while it’s on the ring. 

Help!

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

8 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +17

Hi @jbray.

Welcome to the Sonos community and thanks for bringing this to our attention and the detailed description of what the situation is.

I would like to recommend trying to change the power outlet and see if the issue persists. If the Sonos Move’s charging bay is plugged into a power strip, try to bypass the power strip and connect the charging cable directly to a power outlet and let us observe the situation. If the issue persists, I would suggest contacting our technical support team for a possible accessory replacement. 

Please let us know how it goes. We are always here to help.

Thanks,

Same problem here.  

Did you follow the suggestion in the post previous to yours?

Yes, it is NOT plugged into a power strip--it is plugged into the wall.  When I put it on the ring, the light in front briefly turns red/orange then turns off and nothing more 

..... If the issue persists, I would suggest contacting our technical support team for a possible accessory replacement. 

Please let us know how it goes. We are always here to help.

Thanks,

Userlevel 6
Badge +17

Hi @LDC.

W#elcome to the Sonos community and thanks for reaching out to us.

Just as what @Airgetlam has mentioned, I would like to recommend submitting a diagnostic and contact our technical support team for more in-depth troubleshooting steps or possible product replacement. The flashing red light in front of the Sonos Move is an indication of a battery fault that may need further investigation.

Please let us know how it goes. We are always here to help out.

Thanks,

My Move has done the same thing several times.  What I have found is that the plug is not really plugged in.  The Move plug has a heavy transformer on it.  The plug itself is flat with no springy tabs like many other plugs.  The weight of the adapter slowly pulls the plug out of the socket and the Move loses its charge and dies.  Its a design flaw that they should change.  @Paul A 

It drove me crazy several times until I realized what was going on.  Spent a half hour on support trying to troubleshoot it.  It wasn’t until they asked me to unplug it and plug it back in that I realized the plug wasn’t really in the socket.  It happened to me again a week later.

To avoid it, get a short extension cord and plug the Move into that so the transformer isn’t pulling the plug out of the wall.

Userlevel 6
Badge +17

Hi @moverton99.

Thanks for the feedback and immediate response.

Allow me to send this to our engineering team as feedback so they can take a look into this further to help us improve our product.  

Please do not hesitate to reach out or create a new topic if you still have further questions or concerns. We are always here to help out.

Thanks,