Answered

Matte black SUB coming back?

• 7 March 2018
  • 4 replies

When, if ever, will the matte black SUB be reproduced? I refuse to buy the glossy version after seeing a friend of mine's scratched and dust covered. On top of the cosmetic damage the SUB doesn't look right with the other products on the shelf currently!
icon

Best answer by Keith N 7 March 2018, 21:43

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

Hi there, All82. Thanks for posting and welcome to the Community. We have no information to share about the Matte Black SUB making a comeback. However, I am happy to forward this request along to the Product Team for consideration. Thanks!
Userlevel 7
Hi All82

That's unfortunate that you will deprive yourself of the great sound enhancement that can be achieved with a Sonos sub. As for care, I sold one of my two year old Black subs (on eBay) for 75% of it's value to replace with a White one. The key to care for any gloss finish is simple. With a little TLC the Sonos sub will maintain it's out-of-the-box shine.

1.Never use any polishes (even liquids have mild abrasives)
2.Never dust with a dry cloth or paper towel.
3.Use a damp cotton cloth to gently wipe the dust off
4.Buff with a dry clean cotton cloth.
5.Don't use it as a table.
6.Place it somewhere out of traffic to avoid bumps.

Cheers!
Thanks all for the post and replies. Wondering if Sonos has any updates on a Matte Sub resurrection, especially now that the new Amp is out (and only available in Matte black)?

Also, does anyone know whether the specs on the two Subs (Matte and Glossy) are the same, or if not, how they differ?
Userlevel 7
Hi MADAMIMADAM

The answer is the same as was given a year ago regarding a Matte black sub comeback. The specs were the same when both finishes were available. But only Sonos knows what the future holds :?