Question

Matte black SUB availability

Userlevel 3
Badge +4
Is there a more definite time than "October" for the SUB in matte black? Can it be pre-ordered? When? Thanks!

167 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +1
Hello Dustin, We do not have any further information on the matte black SUB at this time. We will update this post and make an official announcement when we do. Thank you for your interest.
Userlevel 2
Badge
any word on an update / date?
Userlevel 4
Badge +1
We do not have an update at this time on the availability of the matte black Sonos SUB. We will post an update when we have one.
Userlevel 2
It seems like the matte black sub has been delayed. When I first asked Sonos when it would be available to preorder I was told that they do not make statements regarding future product developments. Strange when they announced the matte version back in June. They then came back me me saying that it had been delayed and they didn't currently have a date of when it would be available. Has the gloss finish been that big a hit that they've ordered more and pushed back or cancelled the matte finish??
Badge +3
Tony, You're not far off. We haven't forgotten about this topic and will have an update on the matte black SUB availability soon. Thanks for the patience everyone.
I too am enquiring about the matte sub. When's it out? It's mid-oct...
Userlevel 1
Badge
I'd really like a matte white SUB as all my other Sonos devices are white as well.
Userlevel 2
+4. My credit card is ready...
Userlevel 2
+5 Please take my money!
I'm waiting, too!
Badge +3
Thank you for the interest. Sonos has made the decision to delay the launch of the Black Matte SUB to 2013 in order to first ensure we fulfill all requests for the Black Gloss SUB. We hope to announce the availability of the Black Matte SUB in early 2013.
Userlevel 2
Badge
disappointed. the gloss is too $$ for me.
Yep, this move is really uncool - after all that waiting... Information policy at its best. Why telling about another model to come if there is obviously no plan... What about the white SUB?Has this one been officially announced yet and is still in 2012 to come? Perhaps Sonos has already turned to a non-profit-organization and does not want to make any revenues...
Userlevel 2
I would love a matte white Sub that would match my Play 5's!
Yep, this move is really uncool - after all that waiting... Information policy at its best. Why telling about another model to come if there is obviously no plan... What about the white SUB?Has this one been officially announced yet and is still in 2012 to come? Perhaps Sonos has already turned to a non-profit-organization and does not want to make any revenues...
perhaps sonos knows that all we poor dumbs are already wed to our sonos systems and will buy the matte or the white sonos no matter when... so they can just disrespect their customers who dont want to fork 100$ extra for the "bling" and continue fueling the market with the expensive units until it expires... then (perhaps) will be able to buy the matte or white versions... someone made an error: either the one who announced the matte version, or the one who decided to hold it back to 2013 what I get from this is that sonos is only in it for the money (glorious zappa cover) and then and only perhaps... for their clients.
Userlevel 2
So it's gone from September to October and now early 2013. What's the betting that will be pushed back yet again. Anyone like to bet £100?? I had the chance to try one for a few days with a Play 5 and I was surprisingly impressed. Will I get one?? Very likely. Is it worth £599?? Hell no!! Funny thing is why bring out a black gloss model when Sonos equipment is either white or matt black.
It does not make any sense. Due to the delay they won't make any extra business. Most of the clients are pissed off and will continue waiting for the cheaper matte / white one or they are tired of waiting and won't buy the sub anymore. Very clever...
Userlevel 2
Badge
look how he worded it to "first ensure we fulfill all requests for the Black Gloss SUB" - basically this means they dont want the matte version to cannibalize the gloss version. so they want to make sure they maximize revenue with those people willing to spend $ regardless of price. I can probably get away without a sub-entirely since it's my 3rd zone and not critical. It's pretty over-priced as it is even $100 cheaper with the matte.
You are right. I don't even know right now if I belong to those ignoring the €100,- ( I ABSOLUTELY want a deeper bassline in my house) or will continue waiting. At least my wife will decide - and she does not like the glossy one. Bad luck, Sonos... 🙂
Userlevel 2
true - white or matt black is SONOS-standard. Why should I go for another color and even pay more?
I'd order a matte black one today if it were available. Gloss black simply does not fit with my decor or my other gear. In any case I prefer things to be under-stated. Gloss is a bit "showy" for me. An indicative date would be great Sonos. Can you oblige? I'm intrigued why the Sub is currently only available in gloss black when other items in your range are only matte white or matte black?
Userlevel 2
Can wait no longer so just order myself a sub for £539.
Thank you for the interest. Sonos has made the decision to delay the launch of the Black Matte SUB to 2013 in order to first ensure we fulfill all requests for the Black Gloss SUB. We hope to announce the availability of the Black Matte SUB in early 2013.
boooo
Userlevel 1
Badge +1
Clearly delaying release so we do not get the benefit of the $100 lower price on the matte black before the holidays. If Sonos wanted to do the right thing it would drop the price on the gloss black until it releases the matte black. The white and black 3's and 5's are the same price why not the subs?
Userlevel 1
Badge +1
At least drop the price on the gloss to the price of the matte. I would buy either one but cannot see why the gloss should be $100 more than matte.