Question

Making a CONNECT´s LINE-IN play in a CONNECT:AMP

• 27 September 2017
  • 1 reply

Hi, everybody,

i´m having issues with a set-up. I have a RCA output wired to the LINE-IN of a CONNECT in the living room, and i want to be able to play it (the connect´s LINE-IN) wirelessly in a CONNECT:AMP located in another room. i tried setting both of them in a group, but it didn´t work.

How can i go about doing this? i´m fairly new to Sonos, so i may have skipped some steps in the configuration.

Thanks in advance for the help!

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

So the Connect is setup as it's own zone right? While selecting a music source for the Connect zone, and with audio actively being sent into the Line in on the connect, you should see an option to select 'Line In' as the music source. If you don't see 'Line In' that means the Connect isn't receiving a signal through line in at the moment. Once you select that, then you can group with your Connect:amp zone and hear the Line In source. (Technically, you should be able to set the Connect:amp source directly to the Connect's Line In, but both ways should work)

If the sonos app is showing Line In as the source, then either your source isn't really sending any audio signals, or the speakers aren't hooked up correctly to the Connect:amp. I'd test that speakers are setup by using a different source, like internet radio for the connect:amp's zone.