Question

Low level on Line-in Connect-AMP !

Badge
Hi just yesterday tried CONNECT-AMP that move to rest my old Pioneer 100W amplifier.
There is no compare about power, my ESB speaker are very nice with mi Pioneer but was time to upgrade.
So after a quick start with success, i try to plug my LENCO DECK (for my vynil) and with my surprise i see that volume set to max is extremely LOW ! cannot amplify this DECK. ! i set to HIGH level to 10 of sonos app if line in.
Dear SONOS engineer i cannot use my deck to connect-amp because volume is too low ! is there a way to solve? thanks

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

More than likely you need a phono pre-amp between the phono level output of the turntable and the line-level input of the Connect:Amp.
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
I am going to assume the Lenco has no pre-amp. You have to have a pre-amp for phono players. Some newer have pre-amps built in but most standard ones in the past do not.

Here is some info on http://coloredvinylrecords.com/blog/best-budget-phono-preamps/