Lost Room

• 30 January 2021
  • 2 replies

Lost a room from the App. Unfortunately it’s the room where I listen most. I’ve followed all the online suggestions for unplugging, rebooting etc, and have tried changing wireless channels without success (switched from channel 6 to 1 then 11, now back on 6).

Diagnostic ref is 1408381915

There is a current problem with Virgin Media services in my area. On demand services have been patchy of late (e.g. iPlayer won’t load) and Virgin now have a system message up stating that on demand services will be down till end Monday (1Feb21) - could these issues be related? 

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

The speaker should be visible in your app even without internet connection, and it is hard to imagine that causing one room to drop off and not others.  It might affect the ability to perform certain tasks such as re-adding a speaker, but I don’t think we are there yet.

So you can play to other rooms?

Can you experimentally wire the speaker by Ethernet?

John, many thanks for your prompt reply. All other rooms are working fine and are visible in the app. The one room that has dropped has been a bit temperamental since I started using the Sonos 2 app (which may be coincidental). Not sure about how to try the Ethernet experiment...the system was professionally installed and there’s a lot going on wiring-wise in my “comms cupboard”