Lost Port from System

• 30 November 2020
  • 2 replies

Have been using Port plus pair of Ones and 1 Play 1 for over 2 years. Listening the other night I paused play from my Apple watch for a couple of minutes and when I started playing again from my phone the Port had disappeared from system on phone. On my laptop the Port was still there and would play but the other speakers were not  there. After doing Factory reset several time apparently successfully, I could still not add the Port to my system. By now the port had also gone from laptop, which has got the other speakers back.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

If you can, connect the Port temporarily by Ethernet to see if a wireless radio problem on the Port may be the cause.

Thanks John,

By coincidence the Port magically reappeared in my System shortly after I posted my question. It was not set up and it took me several goes to finally get it to work. I had previously tried connecting by Ethernet and rebooting the router plus everything else I could think of! Eventually when my initial attempt to complete the set up failed it offered a support button, which hadn’t appeared before and altho I had already tried the steps suggested (Connect button and power off and on) several times it worked in the end. Unfortunately I can’t therefore be sure which particular step or combination worked but as I’ve been trying on and off for a day and a half, I’m just happy something did. 

Again John, many thanks for your help.

David R