Question

Loss of low end when linking 2 gen2 play 5s

• 15 January 2017
  • 3 replies

A single gen2 play 5 seems to have more punch and clarity of bass than when I link two of them in a stereo pair

I'm sure it's to do with phasing and speaker placement (they are about 4m apart at the moment and to be honest I haven't fiddled round with that) - but equally I kind of assumed true play would sort that, but this happens before and after true play

Anyone else had this?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge
I have not experienced this with my setup. It could be a phasing issue. Try changing the distance between your speakers.
Move the speakers so they're next to one another. Stand them vertically. Unpair them and group them instead. Play music, alternately muting and un-muting one of the speakers. If there's less bass when both are playing then something's wrong and you should contact Sonos Support. It would suggest that a bass drive unit could have been wired incorrectly.
Audio is very subjective and depends on many local factors. Not something i have detected in my setup.