Looking for options for white bookshelf speaker to go with Sonos Amp

• 7 September 2021
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

Hey all, I’m redoing our main family room and looking to go Amp+Bookshelf speakers. We mostly listen to music in this room, but want to be able to pipe the TV from time to time, so looks like Sonos amp. I haven’t shopped for HiFi speakers in years. Prior to switching to Sonos, I had a Focal 5.1 that I really liked. Curious what lines I should be looking at? KEF Q150 is on my radar. It’s a little more than I wanted to spend, but hoping y’all might help me narrow the field a bit. TIA!

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Almost all the known HiFi makes like Dali, KEF, Q Acoustics etc. offer versions in white and it is just a matter of personal preference for the sound signature found from listening that ought to determine your choice.

Userlevel 2
Badge +4

I own the Kef Q150s and really like them, but I use them with Sonos Sub. It seems that they go on sale at times for $400 or even less (I spent $300 for mine), so you might wait awhile if they’re not on sale now.

One of my zones has a Connect Amp driven pair of the preceding model, KEF Q 100, and they serve very well even without a Sub - especially so if the extra power of the Sonos Amp is available to drive them. Obviously, they won't go as deep as the larger 300 model, or if the Sub is added, but for many users, they may be all that is needed.