Answered

Linking connect to Samsung systems???

• 15 April 2018
  • 3 replies

hi, i would like to know if im able to connect my samsung 7.1 channel surrounds sound to a sonos connect and link it with my currect setup which includes: playbar, sub, 2 play 3s in the theatre room and 2 play 1s outside.

i would just like to use it as a temporary system as im having my 21st birthday and i would like to just have the centre speaker and the left and right with the sub outside?
icon

Best answer by controlav 15 April 2018, 18:36

For two TVs I assume? Wire the optical out of the Connect to the optical in of TV#2 (assuming it has such a thing). Then your TV#1 can send its optical output to your Playbar, which can shuffle it to the Connect over the network. Likely to be an audio sync issue between the two TV systems though.
View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +21
For two TVs I assume? Wire the optical out of the Connect to the optical in of TV#2 (assuming it has such a thing). Then your TV#1 can send its optical output to your Playbar, which can shuffle it to the Connect over the network. Likely to be an audio sync issue between the two TV systems though.
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
A Sonos Connect only handles Stereo Right/Left. Linking to your current setup would pass stereo sound to the Connect (no surround sound).
thanks for your answer it seems to be working fine right now but hope it does not having problems for my birthday thanks!