Question

Linein only plays one track to grouped connects

• 10 November 2016
  • 2 replies

Hi There
I have an Apple Express connected to the Kitchen Connect on the LineIn. It works great streaming youtube to it from my iphone/ipad. However, if I add other Connects (Lounge, bedroom etc) then they will all play the first track but then only the Kitchen plays the next track. They still show in the group but I have to ungroup and regroup.

I have tried this with the other connects and they all do the same thing. Grouping and playing from the Sonos library is fine.

Latest firmware on all devices.

Thank you

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Hi. That's pretty weird! I think you will find that you will get a quicker resolution by submitting a system diagnostic and posting the confirmation number back here. In fact might be worth running two - one when the group is playing the first track and the second when only the Kitchen is playing.

https://sonos.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/142/~/submit-system-diagnostics
Did you try changing the Line-In compression setting to Compressed in Advanced Settings?