Answered

Line out to subwoofer

• 25 November 2017
  • 4 replies

How do I activate the non SONOS subwoofer on my SONOS amp?
icon

Best answer by pwt 26 November 2017, 16:52

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +1
i am not familiar with the amp model but if you have a powered sub connected correctly and the subs is turned on and and the volume on the sub its self is turned up and its not working.. you should go on the sonos PC app and see if you can find something in the settings to turn on the sub woofer output. i would expect that the sub out is always on but maybe not so double check that you have it all connected correctly if not than in the app settings

i find the phone app is hard to find things so i always use the pc app
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
From the manual at: http://www.sonos.com/pdfs/productguides/en/connectampguide_en.pdf :

When the subwoofer output is active, the crossover is set to a (fixed) 80Hz.
Userlevel 2
Badge +1
hmm a standard RCA cable it says. generally you would use a subwoofer cable to hook up a sub and i think those are generally a coaxial cable and not a standard RCA cable.. if you are using a actual sub cable maybe try a regular old RCA cable and see what happens.
You just need a standard RCA cable. I just hooked a powered sub to my Sonos Connect Amp and it worked right away.