Answered

Line-in source on new Sonos Amp

• 6 December 2018
  • 3 replies

Badge
if I connect a new source into the new Sonos Amp line-in, will I be able to stream/play that source on any airplay2 speaker? (i.e. will it show up on my iPhone as an airplay 2 source?)
icon

Best answer by Chris 6 December 2018, 23:38

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +22
If you plug something into the Sonos Amp Line-In it will be available to all Sonos speaker in your system. Now if your talking grouping Airplay speakers - you won't be using airplay so I don't believe you have any way to group in a non-sonos Airplay capable speaker.

It will show up in Sonos App as a music source for Sonos speakers.
Badge
so if I've got a collection of Sonos and Airplay2 speakers, the "source" from Sonos can't play to other Airplay2 speakers?

So, technically, the Airplay2 support with Sonos is just one-way? Speakers can be used as an Airplay2 destination but not a source?
Hi. I think the point that Chris was correctly making is that if you aren't using Airplay at all (and you aren't with a line-in), why would Airplay be relevant? I don't think this is particularly a Sonos limitation.