Answered

Line-In not working on Connect:Amp

• 20 October 2017
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 2
I am trying to use the line-in on my Connect:Amp. However, when I have a device plugged into the phono sockets, the following message appears: "To use line-in, connect a device to a line-in capable sonos player" - i.e. the Connect:Amp is not 'seeing' the Line-in connection.

I have already tried the following:

Swapped the phono cables over - no luck
Rebooted the Sonos Connect:Amp - no luck
Factory reset the Sonos Connect:Amp and added back to the system - no luck

Then I connected the same line-in device to my Sonos Connect - the line-in does show up and works OK

Used the same cables to re-connect to the Connect:Amp - still no luck

I can only conclude that something is up with the Connect: Amp

Can anybody help? Advice would be greatly appreciated.

I have submitted a diagnostics report: #7976997

Thank you!
icon

Best answer by tgsphoto 21 October 2017, 19:59

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

Are you by any chance using the CONNECT:AMP to power surround speakers in a 5.1 setup? According to the FAQ, that automatically turns off the analog input.
Userlevel 2
Thanks very much for the reply but no, just a normal stereo set up.
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
This probably sounds like a very dumb suggestion, but it’s worth confirming that you’re not accidentally connecting one of the input cables to the subwoofer output. The three terminals for Line In L/R and Sub are the same physically, and lined up next to each other.
Are you by any chance using the CONNECT:AMP to power surround speakers in a 5.1 setup? According to the FAQ, that automatically turns off the analog input.I wondered about that, but I believe in that situation the line in option would not appear at all in the sources.

If @pwt's suggestion does not prove to solve the problem then the system diagnostic may help as it sounds like it may be a hardware failure.
Userlevel 2
Really appreciated the replies folks. Having just about given up, I did yet another factory reset tonight ... and hey presto, the line-in shows up. Must have been some kind of glitch. I'm hopeful it won't happen again!