Answered

Line-In not working

• 29 March 2020
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 1

My line-in connection on my Play 5 is not working. I’ve tried everything from making sure cables are secure, different sources, different levels, etc and still no sound at all from the line-in connection.

icon

Best answer by Chris 29 March 2020, 21:29

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

When you go into your app… under settings …. system … pick the Play:5 …

scroll down and does Line In say “Connected”

What source level does it then say

Under autoplay is the place selected you want the sound to default out of

Hi,

I have my Vizio M series TV connected to Play 5 Gen 2 via RCA to 3.5mm connector. Sometimes, the sounds automatically stops playing and I have to turn back on the TV speakers. Do you know what might be the issue?

I went through the FAQs and Line in setup pages but couldn’t find anything.

Thanks

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

What’s “automatic” about it? How often does it happen? Whilst watching/listening, or it’s like that when you turn on tv to watch a program? If you have to “turn back on the tv speakers” might there be an issue with the tv?

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Hi,

I have my Vizio M series TV connected to Play 5 Gen 2 via RCA to 3.5mm connector. Sometimes, the sounds automatically stops playing and I have to turn back on the TV speakers. Do you know what might be the issue?

There is a timeout on line-in that can kick in if the signal is silent for a period of time (5 mins? I forget). There is a cryptic option that can be changed to avoid this, I had to figure it out when I started using mine for online meetings connected to my PC.

If memory serves, it’s the ‘auto-play’ feature that toggles on or off that timeout. If you turn off auto-play, then the timeout is turned off. Subject to testing, of course, things may have changed since the last time I played with that.