Line-in not showing up in iOS app or Mac desktop controller with ZP100, ZP80 or two Play:1's

• 6 September 2017
  • 15 replies

Badge
Let me start by stating that I'm a 10 plus year Sonos user and I've been on the beta program in the past. I think I have an above average understanding of how this equipment works. That said, I have a ZP100 in my office with a turntable connected to it. Yes the turntable has a preamp built-in and yes it's connected to the inputs on the ZP100 but I cannot get the turntable to play through the ZP100. I followed the instructions on the site and run into issues where it says to "click on the line-in settings on the Room Settings menu". My issue is that no line-in menu shows up under room settings. Here's what mine shows...

I've tried resetting the unit and that did not work. Every other function of the ZP100 works perfectly except for this one. I also tried on my ZP80 and both Play:1's and have the same result. I've got several hours invested so far and I'm out of ideas. Anyone have any pointers?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

15 replies

I've tried resetting the unit and that did not work. Every other function of the ZP100 works perfectly except for this one. I also tried on my ZP80 and both Play:1's and have the same result. I've got several hours invested so far and I'm out of ideas. Anyone have any pointers?

Not on the play 1 units surely - they don't have a jack.

Since both zone players exhibit the problem, maybe a problem with the cable/plugs. See what happens if you plug in another RCA cable with two plugs, even if not connected at the other end. If line in then shows up, you know what to do next.
Badge
Since both zone players exhibit the problem, maybe a problem with the cable/plugs. See what happens if you plug in another RCA cable with two plugs, even if not connected at the other end. If line in then shows up, you know what to do next.[quote=bsherman211]

I tried plugging my iPod into the ZP100 and still no luck. I also plugged the phono into another integrated amplifier I have and it works perfectly so it's not a cable issue.
Presumably, the first screen of the controller also does not show Line In in the list of music sources? If so, I am out of ideas given that it does not seem to be a cable/plug issue. Hopefully someone from Sonos or someone more knowledgeable will stop by soon.
Badge
Presumably, the first screen of the controller also does not show Line In in the list of music sources? If so, I am out of ideas given that it does not seem to be a cable issue. Hopefully someone from Sonos or someone more knowledgeable will stop by soon.

Line in shows up on the music screen. That's what baffles me.

Just a stupid question, but is this 7.4?

And what happens if you select that line in?
Badge
Just a stupid question, but is this 7.4?

And what happens if you select that line in?

It's 7.4 run on macOS Sierra 10.12.6. When you select the line in it brings up this screen...

Following the online instructions, I should then go to my room settings to configure the line in but this is where it all ends because line-in doesn't show up as the instructions indicate. Same holds true on my iOS app.
Well, I did say it was a stupid question. :)

I'm with Kumar, as usual. Need to wait for a Sonos rep to look at your diagnostic. Oh, scrolling back, I don't see that you've posted the number of one for them to look at. Might help.
Badge
Well, I did say it was a stupid question. :)

I'm with Kumar, as usual. Need to wait for a Sonos rep to look at your diagnostic. Oh, scrolling back, I don't see that you've posted the number of one for them to look at. Might help.

I appreciate the assistance either way. Here's my diagnostic code, 7808002.
Userlevel 4
Badge +3
Hi bsherman211, sorry we are a bit late in replying to you. If you still have the problem, my guess would be that the line-in ports on the ZP100 have failed somehow. Basically it's just not detecting that there's anything connected, which is why it won't show the menu. Did you try connecting to the inputs of your ZP80?
Badge
Thanks Tom B. Customer service already took care of the issue. It was in fact failed line in ports. They replaced the unit for me already and I'm happy to say that all is well!
They replaced a ZP100? They haven't sold this for years so there's no way it was still under warranty.
I have a ZP100 that stopped showing its line-in option just after the recent software update.
Badge
They replaced a ZP100? They haven't sold this for years so there's no way it was still under warranty.
I have a ZP100 that stopped showing its line-in option just after the recent software update.

They replaced it with a newer model for a fee. Considering how old the ZP100 was, their offer was very fair.
I was hoping this was a software bug. The Connect: Amp doesn't have both line level and amplified outputs which is why I have the ZP100.
Userlevel 2
Badge +1
I have a ZP80 that was accepting line in until a couple of days ago when I installed the most recent software update. As soon as the system restarted I was missing one line-in channel. Now, a few days later, whilst I've been checking interconnects I've lost both
one-in channels and line-in no longer shows up in room settings for th at ZP80. Line-in is still showingfor two ZP90/Connects.

I note that mundayryan posted that a ZP100's line-in stopped working after the recent software update. This might be an incompatibility between the software update and the old ZP80 and ZP100s. Please, has anybody else reading this lost line-ins after the recent software update?
Badge
Mine still shows up on the latest software update.