Answered

Line-In issues.

• 1 January 2021
  • 7 replies

Badge
  • Avid Contributor II
  • 13 replies

Hi,

I’ve a ZP80 that I’ve kept around to use the line-in input for a turntable. I have not used this for a while, (and it worked perfectly in the past), but when I try to use it now it does not work, I can’t get audio from the ZP80 tline-in o other Sonos speakers in the house. The ZP80 is showing that Line-in is connected, but no audio. 

Thanks,

Ian

icon

Best answer by Ianp 29 January 2021, 23:55

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

7 replies

Well, the phono preamp should be boosting the TT signal to an adequate level. If the Line-In remains inaudibly low there’s just a possibility that the ZP80 is showing its age. Try a different source into the Line-In, such as from a phone’s headphone outlet.

Badge

Well, the phono preamp should be boosting the TT signal to an adequate level. If the Line-In remains inaudibly low there’s just a possibility that the ZP80 is showing its age. Try a different source into the Line-In, such as from a phone’s headphone outlet.

I tried with another source, as you suggested, and it worked fine. So I guess the issue is with the preamp.

Badge

Hello all,

And thanks for the support. turns out the issue was that because the turntable had not been used for over a year the stylus was not in situ. Nothing to do with Sonos.

Cheers

Ian

Badge

You do have a phono preamp for the turntable? And if one is integrated it is set to ‘Line’ output?

Hello, yes, I have a Project Phono Box E connected up.

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Hi there @Ianp, Thanks for reaching out, and welcome to the community. Sorry to hear about this issue that you have with your ZP80. So that we can gather further information check your system, I’ll ask you to submit a diagnostic report for us to investigate further what could be causing this issue. You may reply to the thread with the confirmation number to assist you with this issue. 

Let us know how it goes and we're here to answer any further questions you have.

Badge

Thanks Simon. I did some more testing, and discovered that the line-in is indeed working, but that the volume level is so low, that it appeared not to work with the settings I had. I had the level set to 2 (default), so I changed it to 10, and had to turn the volume to full on my Play 1s, to hear anything. So, the problem is now that the sound level is very low, and not loud enough even when turned up to max.

You do have a phono preamp for the turntable? And if one is integrated it is set to ‘Line’ output?