Answered

Line-in autoplay turns on but doesn't switch back

• 14 December 2021
  • 3 replies

Hello all,

I’m probably over looking something but I could use some help. I’m trying to get the line-in (touch tunes jukebox) to turn off after the song ends automatically and switch back to the original music source “apple music”

The way it’s working currently is, apple music will play as usual. Then if I go to my touch tunes jukebox to play a song, the song will turn on (in the s1 app, it changes to Receiver:Room 1) (source level is set to 1 - I was having trouble getting it to switch to line in at level 2 (A/V))

The problem is after the song from the jukebox stops playing it never switches back, instead it stays set to the Line-In(Receiver:Room1) unless I manually switch source back to apple music.

I’m trying to figure out what’s going on. My initial thoughts are either, the system thinks the song is still playing because the source level threshold is set low. Or it’s dropping the apple music connection and isn’t able to switch back.

Thanks in advanced for the help!

Settings

Line-In

Source Level 1

Autoplay - Location (Room 1)

Use Autoplay Volume - Off

Line-Out

Level - Variable

icon

Best answer by jgatie 14 December 2021, 21:41

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

It isn’t able to switch back.  The switch is one way only.

The line in is just another music source. It has the useful extra feature that the source is auto-selected when audio is detected. But in general in Sonos if you want a different music source you have to select it.

It isn’t able to switch back.  The switch is one way only.

Thank you this helps a lot, is there a possible work around that I could use to get it to work in the way I’d like?