Line in Audio Delay on Connect:Amp

• 20 November 2020
  • 2 replies

I am really struggling with this one I have just move my ZP120 into my TV room and connected the TV audio to line in on the amp. 

I am suffering a 2 second delay on audio and it’s pretty much unusable as it is.

I have consulted the forums and set audio to uncompressed. I have also set Audio Delay to 75ms from 2000ms but it just won’t stay that way. As I look at the S1 app on my phone I see the Audio Delay jump back to 2000ms. I can’t make it stay at 75ms.

HELP!

App is 11.2.3 build 57381090

Connect:amp is 11.2.3 build 57381090

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +6

Hi i used a hdmi to analogue converter from tv via hdmi to

audio converter and phono left right plugs to connect amp works

fine no noticible delay on this.

The converter can be found on ebay or amazon remember to use

a newer hdmi cable version 2,1 this works with audio return.

Thx for the reply JT but I have now found a solution although I have no idea why.

The ZP120 is wired both in its old room and the new room. 

When I moved it back to the old room it let me set and keep 75ms Audio Delay.

When I again put it in the new room it would not and kept reverting to 2000ms.

In desperation I tried to disable wifi (I had tried just about everything else) but the controller wouldn’t let me saying that I was not connected to a LAN although the ethernet lights at the back of the unit were happily flashing away.

I set about trying to work out the difference between the old connection and the new. 

The old is connected directly to the router. The new goes via a Netgear switch. When I made the new connection directly to the router it all worked fine. 

The addition of the switch never seemed to affect the Connect in the way, just the Connect: Amp.

Alls well that ends well but I am still confused.