Question

Large echo room

• 13 January 2017
  • 1 reply

Hello if I may ask for some advice before any purchase, I live in a converted barn and the main living area is large with 5m vaulted ceiling and I wanted to ask how Sonos would perform in this space as our present and old 5.1 system when playing a movie seems to lose clarity on speech with all the background noise whereas watching say sky news with just the newscaster speaking is clear and I think it's the room and want to change to an updated better quality system and thought the experience of folks in this community maybe able to add some wisdom as to what sonos set up would work best, thank you

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Though it cannot work miracles, Sonos has Trueplay (via iOS devices only) which analyzes room size, layout, décor, speaker placement, and any other acoustic factors that can impact sound quality. Then it adjusts how each woofer and tweeter produces sound. This will tune your system to the best acoustics possible for your room size and layout.

Note: Trueplay is only available for Play units and Playbar. Connect units cannot be tuned because there is no way of knowing the characteristics of the attached speakers.