Knowing what you have (connect)

• 21 February 2021
  • 5 replies

Badge

First Gen Sonos connects have the Sonos label below the volume control Yes? Will only work with S1 correct? 

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

As a community, we’re unsure if there is a physical characteristic that lines up 100% with first or second Gen. you’re best bet is to log in to the Sonos website, click in system, and scroll down to your CONNECT. If it has an upgrade offer with it, it is S1. If there is no upgrade offer, it will run either S1 or S2.

Badge

I am a system integrator and deal with these several times a week. All different scenarios. None of these are my systems. (my home) These are always clients. This application has 2 units. One is deceased and likely going to buy 2 new (used Gen 2) No need for the newest one Sonos offers. 

After browsing Ebay and Offer up I noticed a few with the logo on the face and do not remember which one those were. Very likely Gen 0 or 1. I have zero idea, but considering how long I have been playing with these. I will take the assumption no one want the “badged version” 

Userlevel 5
Badge +10

I picked up from other posts on the community that S2 compatible Connects have a serial number starting with 1502 or later. So manufactured in February 2015 or later.

I don’t know if this info is 100% reliable, but it may help. 

I picked up from other posts on the community that S2 compatible Connects have a serial number starting with 1502 or later. So manufactured in February 2015 or later.

I don’t know if this info is 100% reliable, but it may help. 

I think you are mistaking this thread for a genuine query, when what it actually is is an attempt to promote products that have allegedly been improved, by rubbishing the standard product, which is in fact very reliable.

Badge

“””””I think you are mistaking this thread for a genuine query, when what it actually is is an attempt to promote products that have allegedly been improved, by rubbishing the standard product, which is in fact very reliable””””

Was this a byproduct of a different thread? This does not apply to me correct?