Klipsch awr650 and connect amp

• 27 July 2018
  • 2 replies

If wiring two Klipsch awr650 speakers to one connect amp, do I wire the speakers in series? The speakers have both left and right channel built in. I can wire them to act as single channel, but they will be about 60’ apart. Each speaker has 4 conductor cable.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +22
Since they are 8 Ohm speakers just wire them in parallel, running a right and left channel pair of speaker wires from the Connect Amp to each one. That is how they were designed to be used.
They are made to be stand alone or 2,3,4,5 or whatever number you want and have the amp for. That’s why there are 4 conductors out of each speaker. When they are spread apart, Klipsch warns that you can lose the stereo effect, by wiring them in parallel, if the distance between them is not the traditional distance. Mine will be about 60’ apart and I don’t want to hear predominately one channel when we are closer to one speaker. My problem was that there is only one output on the back of the Sonos. I have since learned that wiring them in series will allow them to work as they are designed to and the sonos will handle the change to 4ohm.

Thanks for your reply.