Question

Keep looking my sonos connect

• 24 December 2017
  • 2 replies

Hi all. I have 4 x play 1s a bridge and a connect to use with my 5.1 tv speakers. The bridge is ethernet wired to the router and the connect ethernet wired to the bridge. The connect is then wired up to my amp to use the seperate tv speakers.
The problem is that i keep losing the connect from my system. I have to either reboot or factory reset to add it back on every time i want to use it.
It will then play again for anything from 30 seconds to 30 mins before dropping out again. This happens every time. All my play 1s work fine and never drop out. Help!!! Thanks in advance. I hope im doing something daft rather than have a faulty connect!!

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

I am afraid I have to disappoint you by saying that you don't appear to be doing anything daft (although factory resetting is generally pointless). However, experimentally, could you try wiring the Connect to the router rather than to the Bridge, if possible. Then try with the Connect wireless. I suspect it will be the same, but worth the short experiment. Then we might wonder about an IP address conflict.
Thanks John. Will try that.