Question

Is there a noticeable delay on the RCA input on the new sonos Amp through to the speakers it drives?

• 19 December 2018
  • 1 reply

Userlevel 2
Badge +3
I mix records through my current amplifier and would like to do the same through the sonos amp but if there is a delay caused then it’s not going to work. My current amp is analogue and it works fine, used to have a connect and there was a delay when putting my mixers output through it. However the new amp doesn't have to put the output out wirelessly as when I’m mixing I’ll only use the speakers wired to it. Will I get a noticeable echo effect while monitoring the record through my headphones from my mixer and the output from the sonos amp?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +26
Hi Justy dusty, the line-in Analog connection does have a bit of a delay, the same that's on our other Sonos players, added for a few reasons. The HDMI input, however, does not have a noticeable delay, if it's possible to send the signal over that route.