Answered

Is Sonos considering a AUX IN / LINE IN for Play1 and Play3?

• 4 November 2015
  • 4 replies

Dear Sonos,

I have a TV with poor sound placed on the wall above the kitchen table. Therefor I would like to connect it directly to my Play1 which is on the kitchen table. That would be the ideal solution, since adding a Connect station would just be too much in terms of investment and equipment. Connect is useful when connecting to a serious receiver, not for a simple TV. Sonos, can you please put your customers first and add AUX/LINE IN to the Play1 and Play3? Not doing so will eventually cost you customers, since competition does not rest. And adding the feature will most like augment sales revenues for Play1 and 3. Thank you in advance for serving your most loyal customers.

Best regards,

Rob
icon

Best answer by kmjy 4 November 2015, 12:25

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

Thank for your replies! The Playbar (which I use for my big screen) and the Play:5 (used in my study room) are both too large for my kitchen. The Play:1 has an ideal size. It is very portable and therefor ideal to be used as a (temporary) extra quality speaker. You could even consider taking it on holidays and connect it to your iPhone, iPad or old tech stuff like iPod or other play devices. Maybe even develop a 'Play:1 mini travel' for that?

Best regards, Rob
How would adding it to a new play:1/3 help your situation now?

If you needed a speaker to connect to your tv, why did you buy one with no line-in?
Userlevel 5
Badge +4
Hi Robsanders1,

The only way to do this would be to use a PLAY:5, CONNECT, or CONNECT:AMP, which would then send the line-in signal to the PLAY:1 or PLAY:3.
In your situation this would be pointless and it would just be better to buy a single PLAY:5 to use.

Of course, down the line the ability could be added, with a line-in transmitter that could send a line-in signal to any SONOS player, but at this time a device of that kind is not available. All current players are definitely capable of this in the future.

The only other alternative is PLAYBAR.

Best regards!
Badge
I would definitely buy more Play 1 and Play 3 for areas of my home that are not covered with a SONOS product at this time IF THEY HAD AN AUX INPUT. Agree strongly with Robsanders1 that Playbar or Play 5 are too large for some areas where the quality of the Play 1 is desired and it would be a great solution. For my main entertainment areas, I love the Playbar, Sub, and Play 3 combinations for full surround, but there are other TV installations in many homes where the Connect device is too impractical. The sleek Play 1 is so ideal for those places. It is expensive, so why not give us our money's worth and make it a perfect choice for those places. The quality of SONOS is known to most everyone willing to pay the price. I'm not going with other equipment because I like SONOS interface and sound very much, but I would definitely own more of them, and give them for gifts if they had they had that AUX input feature.