Is Sonos a great product or what???

• 29 April 2018
  • 6 replies

Badge
I must say..I started out with a Sonos Play 5 2nd Generation and when I heard the sound out of it I bought 2 Play 1s with stands...Today I bought a turntable and the Connect Amp unit..Down the road Im going to add 2 more Play 1s and then I'll be streaming to 5 speakers...The fact it runs on Bluetooth is fantastic!!! I cant wait to twirl some vinyl on it. Peace...Im Bob and it is nice to meet everyone!

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

6 replies

Glad to have you here, Bob.

One small note, though....Sonos does not run on Bluetooth. You can, however, connect a Bluetooth receiver to the line in of the PLAY:5, and it will send it through the Sonos ecosystem.
Badge
Hi..Im aware of that..Im running a Play 5 and 2 Play 1s now..I have the turntable coming along with the Connect Amp...down the road Ill add a few more 1s and maybe a 3...Turntable is backodered but i can wait..Im disabled. Thanks for interacting..nice meeting you.
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
It is rather addictive isn't it? I started with 1 Play 1 in my kitchen and now have a stereo pair their, a stereo pair of Play 3s in my Dining Room, Playbar, Sub and Play 1s Surround set-up in my living room. I also have a Play:1 in my bathroom, bedroom and study. So one became 11 within a few years.

I think I'm going to sue Sonos for making such an addictive product
Badge
Wow Stuart you have yourself covered...these speakers are built like tanks..My Play5 and 2 Play 1s are in the kitchen for now. Im disabled and spend alot of time there..I have the Play 1s on stands..the Play5 is behind me and the Play 1s in eac corner in front of me...Once again..awesome setup you have! Bob
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
You started with a great base of equipment for the system.
Userlevel 5
Badge +12
I can empathyse. I’ve recently caught the bug too. When i originally went to John Lewis (UK Store), I’d intended on simply getting a ‘better’ and nicer looking bt speaker (e.g. a B&W) Zeppelin. But after hearing a quick demo of Sonos and discovering potential to expand for home cinema (albeit with some dated tech limitations), I decided to buy a discounted Play 5 gen 2. This was less than 3 months ago.... have aince added a pair of play 3s for the Kitchen (and just added a ‘One’ to that zone last weekend too), and decided to take the plunge on a playbar, sub and olay 1 combo for the lounge. Along with a pair of play 1s for the bedroom too. Haveing music stream all ovee the house has been a revelation! Now contemplating adding a 2nd play 5 to make a stereo pair for the study as the solo onenis roaming around the house trying to find a home ?. Flexson stands are great too. Really compliment the Sonos gear. The inky complaint I’ve had has been occasional dropouts which have been dramatically reduced with the additionof a Boost. But in a 5 floor home with concrete floors I can’t really grumble. Hapoy days! Can’t wait for Airplay 2 and the (fingers crossed) new HDMI home theater option.