Answered

Is my Sonos Connect a fake?

• 16 November 2020
  • 5 replies

Hi. I have brought a second hand 2018 sonos Connect but the serial number and base number are not as expected. Could any one advise if this is genuine?

thanks. 

icon

Best answer by James L. 15 February 2021, 12:01

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

The Connect was manufactured in April 2019, you can run it on S2. So yes, it’s genuine.

Thanks for the response smilja. 

Its just that the layout of the bottom lable looks completely different to the older ones. I suppose they changed it on the newer models?

Many thanks. 

Mine are much older. It is curious that there is no FCC approval notice. I wonder if this was a pre-production sample or a unit distributed outside of the US.

Thanks for the response. Thats interesting. I’m in the uk so that might be why the fcc isn’t on there.

I've brought this to upgrade to the S2 app

The back is different to all I’ve seen so far and from my old one which is why I asked the question. 

Does this look right to anyone with a newer version? 

Thanks

Badge +17

Hi @Spiceminer62,

Apologies for the late reply to your thread. I can confirm that your Sonos Connect is genuine, and like Smilja said, was manufactured in April 2019 which makes it a 2nd Generation Connect thus fully compatible with S2.

This particular Connect is a UK model which might explain the differences in the label compared to others you’ve seen.

Hope that clears things up!