Intermittent Low beeping noise on Play One

• 20 July 2018
  • 3 replies

I have four Play Ones, two Threes and a connect with a turntable/phono stage linked to it purely to play vinyl on Sonos.
One of the Play Ones has an intermittent low beep. It may be one beep or two together and is happening at random times. It happens regardless of whether music is playing. This speaker is part of a stereo pair. The other speaker doesn't make the noise.
I have restarted it without success.
I do not have any Amazon Alexa products. I say this as the forum only seems to have this sort of query in relation to Sonos Ones with Alexa.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Just to add to the above, the problem now appears to be affecting numerous speakers
Honestly, I'd be thinking about checking the wifi interference FAQ. But at the end of the day, it might be useful to submit a system diagnostic within 10 minutes of replicating this issue, and contact Sonos to discuss it. There may be information included in the diagnostic that will help Sonos pinpoint the issue and help you find a solution.
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
I've never heard my Sonos gear beeping, that is really odd.

Next time it happens submit a diagnostic to Sonos and post the number here. If you want faster response you could try the Sonos Twitter or when the phones are open try calling in, both will probably want the diagnostic and it usually needs to be taken within a few (10?) minutes of an issue to pinpoint it.

You might try unplugging the phono leads from your Connect just to eliminate or confirm that as a source of the problem.