I love the Sonos UI but have been unsure if the system would work with my single zone whole house system. Could someone help me explore this?
One zone, whole house (6 room) music system. All the hardware is in a rack in a closet with home run wiring.
1) Windows XP Fileserver: iTunes & Song library connected to receiver
2) Denon AVR-2803 Two Zone receiver
3) MX-3000 remote to select Zone 2 music source (DirecTV Sat Radio, CD, Tuner or PC)
4) Harmon Kardon hi current amp to power whole house (manual volume controls in each room)
5) Niles manual speaker selection system to distribute power to house
1) MX-3000 remote never seems to work properly, wife hates it
2) Controlling my iTunes library is so difficult that I only use it for parties ( I have looked at lots of solutions but nothing beats the Sonos UI)
3) I have to use two “remotes” to play iTunes music in the house: MX-3000 to select source and notebook (remote desktop) to control music
4) Only one zone in the house, would at least like one more for the bedroom
1) 2 Music zones (can’t afford 6 zone players)
2) 1 remote to control MP3 collection if possible
3) Control of other sources (especially CD) would be great but not required. In other words, I am prepared to give up multiple sources to liberate my MP3 collection
1) What is the best way to integrate sonos into this system?
2) Do you import and manage music using iTunes after purchasing the sonos system?
3) If yes to above, does the sonos system stay synchronized with the itunes library (playlists, song count, ratings, etc) on a regular basis or is it a one time import?
Thanks in advance for any help, I really want to make this work.