Welcome to Components

Let's talk about Connect, Connect:AMP, Sonos AMP, and setups using your own speakers and components.

3707 Topics

Sonos Amp - CD player connection via hdmi ?
Answered

I am wondering if anyone is using the hdmi connection for anything other than connecting the TV ? I would like to connect the audio hdmi from a Samsung UHD player to it for CD playback. I am assuming...

New sonos amp and passive speakers vs play 5 for turntable.

So I originally started with my turntable hooked up to a connect and 2 powered speakers. Had an issue with the connect so I returned it and ended up going with a play 5. I feel like my turntable does...

New Sonos Connect?

I have been wondering for a few years now. Will there ever be a new Sonos Connect? Something comparable to the Bluesound Node 2 in sound quality and design. The Connect seems so hopelesly outdated.

Sonos - Is a 5.1 or 7.1 system with ceiling speakers possible?
Answered

I am wondering if it is possible to have 5.1 or 7.1 system with Sonos in my great room. This would be part of 14 zone system in a home that is currently being built.. Most of the other zones will ha...

New Sonos Amp speaker question re power rating
Answered

I currently have the connect:amp and am using QAccoustic 3020i speakers with it. I really want to upgrade to the new Sonos Amp when it is available in February, however, the power recommendation for m...

Physical wall mount volume knob

New hardware idea: I would love an attractive, wireless physical volume knob that could be wall mounted with screws, or just attached to a piece of furniture with double sided tape. The knob would be...

Collegare Lettore CD + Giradischi al Sonos Play:5

Ciao a tutti. Secondo voi, è possibile collegare, tramite un commutatore o switch, un lettore CD e un giradischi al Play 5?

Audio Dropouts using Sonos Connect to send TV audio to Stereo Pair of Play1s

Audio chain is as follows: LGU75UK6190 TV --> Optical Out --> Optical to analog converter --> Analog IN on Sonos Connect --> Stereo Pair of Play1s We've been experiencing random audio dropouts on th...

Subwoofer not working with connect-Amp
Answered

I have a Infinity PS312 and i cannot get any base when connected to the connect-amp. Please any idea on how to fix this issue?

Rumbling sound from sub
Question

Watching the Cowboys Rams playoff game and I hear a rumbling sound on my sub every time the ball is centered to the QB. Not sure if it’s coming from some mic in the game or a problem with my sub

Need Help, Clunky utilization of New Sonos AMP :(

Hello all - I know the AMP is new, so I'm hoping someone can help here. I don't know if I have things set up optimally, so please bare with me as I describe my setup and issues. Current Room Setup...

New Amp - how many pairs of speakers can it drive
Answered

I am worried the answer to this question is one pair only. Anyone know ?

Sonos Amp - Ear Pain

Just upgraded my Connect:Amp to the new Sonos Amp. The Amp is beautiful and was a breeze to set up, but I immediately noticed pressure and pain in my ears. I reconnected my old Connect:Amp and my ears...

New Sonos amp
Question

Hey everyone I’m new to the community and have a few questions. 1. I’m going to be getting bowers and Wilkins 603 s3 floorstansing speakers for 2 channel music but it will Also be hooked into my tv....

Turntable & preamp with sonos
Question

I have a turntable, a phono preamp, and several Play 5s, Play 3s and Play 1s as well as Sonos Sub and Playbar throughout the house. When I connect from pre amp to Play 5 using line in, I can get it t...

New Sonos Amp in white - please

As it looks the new AMP will only be available in black. This makes me very disappointed as I would have loved to commission my old (white) Connect Amp installed in my kitchen and have it replaced wit...

One SUB for Two Rooms

Customer suggested adding the ability to bond a SUB with 2 different Sonos devices.

Use of Sonos Sub
Answered

I have some questions about the Sonos Sub. I am thinking of getting a sub for my living room Sonos setup, but it is not entirely clear for me what the ideal setup will be. As I understand it, the Sub...

Connect CD Player + Turntable to Sonos Play: 5
Answered

Hi everyone. In your opinion, is it possible to connect a CD player and a turntable to the Play 5 via a switch or switch?

Who pre-ordered the new Sonos AMP and what are your plans for it?

I'm a little surprised pre-orders opened up and nobody is taking about it :-) Delivery by Dec 3rd according to Sonos which is awesome. I'm currently using a Beam and two Sonos Ones for rears and two...

S5 pair -- two line-in, is that an option?
Answered

I have two S5 (Gen 1) which I have setup as a pair for my TV using line-in on one of the S5. It is working perfectly. I just got a turntable and wondering if I can use the other line-in on the S5 pai...

Wanting to use sonos to make a home theater with front channels
Answered

I am looking into your system to use for my home theater system but I am wanting more sound for my front channel than just a playbar. My question is can I buy the playbar and connect two of your play...

Connecting a Sonos Connect to a Denon AVR-S730H

I have set up the Connect to my WiFi and want to use the optical cable method to connect to the Denon. I want to connect the optical cable to the Digital Audio (IN) 2 Media Player. I connect the cable...

New Play 1's Sound Different ?

I have recently added to my sonos system, but the 2 newest play 2's sound different to the one existing play 1 I had, ie. the older one seems to have a more rounded "Bassier" sound than the 2 newer on...

Help with Xbox 1 settings to convert dts to DD

I’ve looked through various threads but I am still not getting Dolby 5.1 from dts Blu rays on the Xbox. I have Samsung tv connected to beam via arc and have tried various settings on the tv and the Xb...

Badges

• Badge
    jishi earned the badge Round of Applause
  • Badge
    stuartw78 earned the badge Meet and greet
  • Badge
    ckeen earned the badge Meet and greet
  • Badge
    Lahovary earned the badge Almost Famous
  • Badge
    richierichie earned the badge Meet and greet
View all "Badges"

Top liked

What's going on?

Topics
Replies
Members

Recently online

Cookie policy

We use cookies to enhance and personalize your experience. If you accept you agree to our full cookie policy. Learn more about our cookies.

Accept cookies Cookie settings