Welcome to Components

Let's talk about Connect, Connect:AMP, Sonos AMP, and setups using your own speakers and components.

3789 Topics

New Sonos Amp with Def Tech AW-6500 (outdoor speakers)

Hello ya'll. I purchased two Def Tech aw-6500s and a new sonos amp last month. I will pick up an outdoor TV at the end of the month and hopefully have everything installed by the start of summer. I...

Is it possible to use and existing Artison Sub with my Home Theater set up?
Answered

I am using a Beam for my front speakers and a connect:amp powering two in-ceiling rear speakers. The house has an in-wall subwoofer system that is powered by its own external amp. Is it possible to...

New Sonos Amp compare to “Hifi” amp

I’m curious if any of the members have owned “Hifi” amps and have switched over to the new Sonos Amp. How does the Sonos Amp perform? I own vintage Mcintosh amps in two setups currently. Tha...

Can the Amp and Connect be told to output mono rather than stereo? Using with mono ceiling speakers in bathroom and kitchen.

Single ceiling speakers (already bought) being used in the bathroom and kitchen. I need to sum the stereo signal for those, as I listen to a lot of soul which is 'dual mono' i.e. drums on left, every...

Sonos Connect purest signal question

Hi, I've got a sonos connect connected directly to an integrated amplifier via optical connection. The amplifier has an I build DAC as well. Because if this, I'd like to ensure that I'm bypassing the...

Connect signal drops intermittently
Answered

We have a One, 3 Play 1’s, 5 Play 3’s, a Sub, a Connect and a beam. All components work brilliantly, except the connect. We have a turntable connected to the connect. When playing vinyl, the signal dr...

Connect Amp TV/Music...Can I listen to both?
Answered

I am finishing a bar in my basement and am looking to put a couple Play5's in the bar. I am also looking at putting a Connect Amp in the bar to run a pair of outdoor speakers to the patio. There wil...

CD System to Play 5

I have a Sonos 5 and am wondering whether there is a way to connect a CD player to it through Line In. My personal collection is way over 60,000 tracks and so was looking for a way for my wife to eas...

Bundles of ceiling speakers and Amp

Does anywhere do bundles at a discount? I'm looking to buy this week (as we're renovating and that room is being done next week). Looking for 2 sets of ceiling speakers and the Amp.

Sonos AMP/ Beam/ Wired Rear Speakers/3rd Party Subwoofer
Question

Can I combine the new Sonos AMP with a Beam, wired in ceiling rear surround speakers and a third party sub-woofer to achieve surround sound for my TV? Sub-woofer and rear speakers would be wired dire...

TV's Discontinuing Optical - Playbase Owner Concerned

Hi, I have recently seen talk of TV's looking to drop optical support in favour of HDMI. I understand why this would be the case, however this has me slightly concerned that my Playbase which I purch...

No Audio - Connect Amp & Klipsch AW 650
Question

Hi, I have setup 2 speakers Klipsch AW650 with Connect amp but getting no audio. Do i have to change some settings in the sonos controller app to be able to play music with the speakers.

My Sonos Amp Review.

So I have hooked up the new Amp and given it a thorough listening. I am impressed. My prior setup was B&W 683 Floorstanders into a Audiolabs MDAC Pre/DAC to a Bryston 3B-ST Amp. My streamer of cho...

Mains In on Sonos AMP for AV Receiver Pre-outs?
Question

Hello does the Sonos AMP have a Mains In, bypassing volume control, that you attach it to existing AV Receiver Pre Outs and drive with the volume on the receiver only?

AMP feature requests

2 things highly demanded feature requests re. AMP: 1. To have the TV setting have its own volume setting - you rarely have the same preferred volume level for music and tv.. but it's not exactly plea...

Sonos Amp with Bowers and Wilkins 685 S2, my Sonos Play Ones sounding as good?
Answered

So I have a Sonos amp with BW 685 S2 bookshelf speakers. I’m finding the other speakers in my Sonos group, play ones and 1s, in stereo pair are sounding full and sometimes better than the 685s. Now,...

connect amp error
Question

My connect amp does not show any lights on the front. Rapid flashing green and yellow on the back of the amp. I verified that there is power to the unit. Thoughts? One of 3 zones, other 2 work.

SONOS:AMP with third party subwoofer
Answered

Hi, I have the new Sonos AMP and I would like to know if I can use any third party sub?

Problems connecting TRNTBL to SONOS temporary network
Answered

My Sonos Play:1 speaker recently stopped being a discoverable device for my Bluetooth turntable. I have follow several troubleshooting steps to try to solve the issue but so far none have worked. When...

Turntable turns on TV with new Sonos Amp
Question

My new Sonos Amp is hooked up to a Sony TV through the HDMI Arc cable and an Apple TV 4K is hooked up with HDMI also to the TV. My turntable is connected to the line in port and works great. My proble...

Sub

Is there a new smaller sub woofer coming out this year?

Playbar drops sound from TV intermittently
Answered

My Playbar is connected to my Panasonic TV with an optical cable and has worked perfectly like this for the past 4 years. Just this week it has started to intermittently drop sound. Any ideas what mig...

Connect Amp with turntable

Hello, I have recently purchase the sonance and sonos outdoor system. I have plugged my turntable into the connect amp and then hooked the sonance speakers up to the amp. When I start to play a recor...

ceiling speakers not working (connected to amp)

Hi all We installed a Sonus sytem when we built our house 6 years ago. Installed ceiling speakers in 5 rooms (incl outdoor), hardwired to an amplifier Recently, 2 of the 5 rooms will not play music. T...

Mediocre measurements for new Sonos Amp

As a long time Sonos user am quite disappointed. https://www.audiosciencereview.com/forum/index.php?threads/review-and-measurements-of-sonos-amp.6957/

Badges

View all "Badges"

Top liked

What's going on?

Topics
Replies
Members

Recently online

Cookie policy

We use cookies to enhance and personalize your experience. If you accept you agree to our full cookie policy. Learn more about our cookies.

Accept cookies Cookie settings