Answered

In-wall Speakers - Surround Sound

• 4 September 2021
  • 3 replies

Hello everyone! 

For my TV setup, I’m planning on installing 2 in wall Sonos speakers, a Sonos amp, and a Sonos sub. Do do you think this is sufficient audio quality for watching TV and movies, or should I consider adding 2 sonos ceiling speakers to the mix?  

If I do add the ceiling speakers, would I still be able to use the sub? I read somewhere that the sub doesn’t work when doing surround sound with 4 speaks.

thanks for your thoughts! 

icon

Best answer by GuitarSuperstar 4 September 2021, 19:03

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

SUB will work with a two AMP surround system. Adding a 3rd party subwoofer to a rear AMP is not supported.

Thank you. To clarify:

1. If I use 1 amp, will they work to power the sub and two wall speakers? I don’t need a 2nd amp for this, right?
  2. if I add 2 ceiling speakers to the mix as rear speakers (for a total of 4 speakers ), can I use the sub with that combo? If so, do I need a 2nd amp for the 4 speakers + sub?

Thank you - super confused! 

Userlevel 7

If you just want two in-wall speakers and a Sub, you only need one Amp.

For four speakers and a Sub, you need two Amps. One Amp will power the two front channel speakers and one Amp will power the two rear surround speakers. The Sub and second Amp will connect wirelessly to the first Amp for a 4.1 home theater setup.