Answered

I'm bad with terminology, what is better while using my Xbox One x with Sonos Beam?

• 2 January 2019
  • 1 reply

Hello everyone,
So I just recently bought a Sonos Beam. Loving it so far. The Beam is connected to my tv through HDMI Arc and i have no optical cable running from my Xbox One to the sound bar so I think I'm just passing it through my tv (I'm new to home theatre stuff haha)
When tinkering around in my Xbox settings. I'm able to set the HDMI audio to 5.1 compressed with a Dolby Digital bitstream format HOWEVER, I'm also able to set the HDMI audio to Bitstream out and then keep the bitstream format at Dolby Digital.
Between the 2, I can't quite hear a difference. What is technically better? 5.1 uncompressed or Bitstream out?

Thank you!
icon

Best answer by melvimbe 2 January 2019, 21:45

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Yep, you're passing through the TV as you suspected.

As far as the audio setting on your xbox, I believe you want to go with bitstream ( I think that's how mine's set).

FYI, you can tell what audio you're getting by looking at the Sonos App. More -> About Sonos (or something like that) and you'll get a page with details including what codec you're currently receiving. Please not though if the current connect is stereo, that's what it will say. You'll dolby digital content to confirm you're getting DD 5.1