Question

I got a defected product and I need an explanation, please.

• 18 December 2016
  • 5 replies

I live in Seoul, South Korea, and I just got play:1 through an international shipping service. (I've ordered it through amazon to my friend's address and he had sent it to me)
Weird thing is that when I received the package, sonos box was completely sealed and secure in a bigger box filled with air foams, but the speaker inside of it (also sealed with black sticker) was badly damaged, indentation mark was pretty visual on a front grill and sound was horrible as well.

So I can only assume that you guys packed a 'damaged speaker' on a packaging level.
How is this even possible?
I do understand you don't officially do international shipping, but assuming what I'm saying is true, I think this is pretty special circumstance.
Is there any way you could send me a shipping label which covers S.Korea or other way for you to help me?

Thank you.
DK

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

FYI, my Amazon Order No. is 113-9189572-1521836.
Thanks.
daegalja,

I wish you the best of luck in your endeavors. I doubt that Sonos or even Amazon would take any responsibility, since the speaker went through your friend before being shipped to you, and they have absolutely no control over that shipping process. If your friend had opened the package, and found the damage, he would have had a chance to return it to Amazon for a replacement, since it was under their control the whole time. But as soon as it left your friend, the "chain of evidence" is broken, and they're not likely to assume any responsibility, no matter what evidence you state indicates it was packaged at the factory that way.
Thank you for your comment, Airgetlam.

I did understand risks when I asked my friend a favor.
So I guess what I'm asking here is not the refund,
But to know something like this could happen on the manufacturer's side 'If' what I'm saying is true.
Which is pretty weird and fucked up at the same time, don't you think?

But then again you are probably right about this.
Why would anyone admit that didn't even officially happened and is not possible to prove?
I guess it just sucks to be me right now.

Thank you.
Yea, I hate it too. I wish the world wasn't that way, but at the end of the day, it would get expensive for companies if they had to carry the burden from all the dishonest folks who aren't like you and me. Truth be told, I did the same thing as you when I was in Bangkok last year for several months. Bought a Play:1 on Amazon, shipped it to a friend, and he was kind enough to ship it to me over there (and why they don't sell them in Bangkok, I'll never know).

That being said, I do think you have a case with the sound issue. If the sound is affected as you say, you should continue to press your case with them, and I would hope you might get redress that way. Not making a promise, mind you, but I wouldn't give up yet. But were I you, I'd probably go straight to email, or call them by phone, rather than posting here. I suspect you might have a quicker response.

Best of luck!
Again, Thank you for your kind words my friend.
Best of luck to you too. :)

DK