Answered

How to use the ZP120

• 20 September 2018
  • 3 replies

Hi I have been given 3 x zp120's 1 x zp90,1 x br100 and a WD my cloud (no speakers though as they were in the ceiling when my friend sold his house, he's moved in with a music system set up already) Appolagies in advance for my ignorance but can I incorporate these into a surround sound or if that's not possible what's the best way to use these to their full potential? My friend had them installed by a company so isn't much help!!!
icon

Best answer by Jeff S 20 September 2018, 23:54

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Hi I have been given 3 x zp120's 1 x zp90,1 x br100 and a WD my cloud (no speakers though as they were in the ceiling when my friend sold his house, he's moved in with a music system set up already) Appolagies in advance for my ignorance but can I incorporate these into a surround sound or if that's not possible what's the best way to use these to their full potential? My friend had them installed by a company so isn't much help!!!

Hi there,

Welcome to the community. The ZP120s, or Connect:Amps as they're known these days, are generally used to power third party speakers. The ZP90, or Connect, is used as an input and output device, most often to integrate an existing receiver or powered speaker system.

The Connect:Amp can power speakers to be used as rear speakers in a surround setup, but only if the front channels are handled by a Sonos home theater product. The Playbar, Playbase, or Beam can be used to accept audio from your TV as front channel speakers in a surround setup. The Connect:Amp can power the rear speakers in this surround setup, but needs to be wired into the network with an ethernet cable as they do not have 5 ghz antennas needed for wireless surround. You can read more about using the Connnect:Amp in a surround setup here.

Outside of a home theater setup, each Connect:Amp you have can act as its own "room" that can play music independently, or in sync with another Sonos unit if you wish. The Connect works in a similar way, creating a Sonos room that can play music to speakers connected to it, or playing audio from an input device, such as a CD player or receiver.
Thank you very much for your reply!
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Thank you very much for your reply!

You're most welcome!