Answered

how to play my turntable through Sonos?

• 11 November 2020
  • 2 replies

Hi

i have a turntable, connected to a pre amp, which is connected to my Technics stereo with CD player which is connected to the Port. I have just purchased the Port and can play CD’s but cannot seem to hear the records on the turntable. Can anyone suggest what I’m doing wrong please? 
thanks

icon

Best answer by Airgetlam 11 November 2020, 16:15

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Not enough information here, but I’m concerned about your setup. Where is the pre-amp connected to your Technics stereo? If it is the Phono input, that is not supposed to be pre-amped, it is expecting a phono level input, not a substantially higher line level input that a pre-amp puts out. I have no idea if there is protection on that port to keep from ‘burning out’ the input, you’d need to check with Technic’s customer service folks. 

Your issue isn’t a Sonos one, if the CD is playing through the Sonos system via the Port, the issue is somewhere in the Technics.

Hi

I’ve sorted it now. I plugged the pre amp into the aux input and now it works.

thanks