Answered

How to know if my Connect is Gen1 or Gen2 ?

• 18 March 2020
  • 5 replies

Badge +2

Hello,

Following the S2 OS annoncement, I’d like to know if mine is GEN1 or GEN2 (the GEN2 seems to be supported not the 1).

Thanks for your help.

Denis

P.S : in the web support UI it has :

HardwareVersion 1.16.5.5-2
DspVersion 0.25.3
HwFlags 0x3

icon

Best answer by John B 18 March 2020, 12:51

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

Hi.  Log into your Sonos account online. Under ‘System’ you will find all the products registered to your account.  If your Connect has ‘Trade up eligible’ next to it it is gen1.  If not, it is gen2.

@Tim C, It’s likely a 2nd gen Connect. To verify, you can also run the compatibility check within the S1 app (‘Settings → System → System Tools → Compatibility Check’).

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

You can also check the serial number, the first 4 are YYMM of manufacture. 14 and before are Legacy, 16 and after are Modern and 15’s seem to split about March.

There have been a few flagged wrong in the Sonos database but they have been trying to correct them.

Badge

You can also check the serial number, the first 4 are YYMM of manufacture. 14 and before are Legacy, 16 and after are Modern and 15’s seem to split about March.

There have been a few flagged wrong in the Sonos database but they have been trying to correct them.

? - I can’t see how that works - my serial number is:  B8E9*********

Moderator Note: Serial number has been hidden for privacy reasons.

? - I can’t see how that works - my serial number is:  B8E9*********

If you are looking in your account, it will tell you if it is legacy or modern.  If you look on the base of the device there is a 4-digit number immediately in front of the serial number you quote.