Question

How to connect turntable grounding wire to Connect Amp?

• 14 February 2021
  • 1 reply

Hello,

I own a connect amp and recently have gotten a turntable. However from my understanding the connect amp does not provide a grounding screw. Is there any where else I may connect the grounding wire?

Thanks for the help!

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Userlevel 6
Badge +17

Hi @Andretke.

Welcome to the Sonos community and thanks for bringing this to our attention. Allow me to share with you some guide to help out.

Allow me to share with you a topic here in the community that discusses the issue with connecting the ground wire of a turntable to a Sonos Connect Amp. As per @Stanley_4’s suggestion, You may leave the ground wire disconnected or not connected if there is no “ if you have no RF or 60/50 cycle noise issues” or static noise. On the other hand, “ you can try connecting the earth cable to one of the unused RCA connections shield, not the center, terminal. You can either pick up a bare RCA connector or cut up an existing cable”. 

We can always reach out to other members of the community to check their recommendation and feedback on this. Everybody can lend a hand here in the community.

Thanks,