Answered

How to connect Pro-Ject T1 turntable to a pair of Play 5s

• 14 November 2020
  • 7 replies

Hi. I just purchased a Pro-Ject T1 turntable for my family for Christmas. It will be in the living room with two Play 5s. How will I connect it so the pair runs in stereo? Do I plug the turntable into one and it will recognize the pair or do I need separate cables for left and right? Just want to make sure I get any necessary cable in had in advance.Thanks!

icon

Best answer by Airgetlam 15 November 2020, 05:04

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

7 replies

You would connect a stereo cable into one PLAY:5, and assuming the PLAY:5s are set up as a stereo pair, and not just grouped together, you would get a stereo signal. Right out of one, left out of the other. Essentially, you want RCA stereo to 3.5mm stereo cable, along the lines of this

Thanks, Bruce! They are set up that way. Sounds like I shouldn’t have a problem. Thanks for your response - really appreciate it.

Badge

I bought the Pro-Ject T1 Phono SB Turntable and I have two Play:5’s.  I’m worried I don’t have enough connections in the back of my Pro-Ject T1 Phono SB turntable to connect two Play 5’s.  Am I worried for no reason or do I need to simply buy a special cable?

Userlevel 7

I bought the Pro-Ject T1 Phono SB Turntable and I have two Play:5’s.  I’m worried I don’t have enough connections in the back of my Pro-Ject T1 Phono SB turntable to connect two Play 5’s.  Am I worried for no reason or do I need to simply buy a special cable?

You only need to connect your turntable to one Play:5. Read more here: https://support.sonos.com/s/article/3548?language=en_US

Badge

Great.  So I only need to plug the turntable into ONE Play:5...and the music willl play out of BOTH Play:5’s in stereo - because they’re both connected to WiFi?  Am I understanding that correctly?

Userlevel 7

Great.  So I only need to plug the turntable into ONE Play:5...and the music willl play out of BOTH Play:5’s in stereo - because they’re both connected to WiFi?  Am I understanding that correctly?

Yes, you are correct. Be sure to set up the two Play:5s as a stereo pair if you haven’t already done so.

Badge

Thank you!