How to connect my Sonos to DJ controller (Native Instruments)?

• 24 November 2020
  • 3 replies

Badge

Hello, I have two Sonos One & one Sonos Play:5 and Sonos Beam in living room. I would like to use these speakers for my home party. The sound will come from my Native Instruments Traktor S4, but my question is – which device do I need to buy to connect Traktor S4 mixer into Sonos sound system? Do I need Sonos AMP, or Connect? Or something other? Master sound will go to the Sonos system in the living room + cue sound will go from mixer to the headpones.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Does your Play:5 not have an input? Remember Sonos adds a 70ms delay from every input that is not HDMI-(e)ARC.

Badge

Thanks for reply. Yes, play:5 have an input, but in the future Iam thinking about Sonos Sub, so I need to use (as an output) my whole Sonos system.

Thanks for reply. Yes, play:5 have an input, but in the future Iam thinking about Sonos Sub, so I need to use (as an output) my whole Sonos system.

You can share and group the audio coming into the play:5 with the rest of your Sonos speakers.  The Sonos sub will always be bonded to one of your other speakers, playing the bass for that room only.

Again, there is a 70ms delay for the audio, so the sound coming out of the speakers is not going to behind whatever mixing and such your doing.  Sonos is not recommended for DJ or PA system use.