Question

how to connect a Yamaha RXV383 receiver to port via switch box for 3 wired (L&R) sets ceiling speakers on 1 wired speaker (bathroom)

• 11 May 2020
  • 1 reply

So right now the 4 speaker wires go into a switch box (controlls volume/off) for each room that has ceiling speackers it is called a sonance input swich box?). from that box a connection from the input has a wired connection into the yamaha receiver.  pls see pics.

how do i connect my newsonos  port to this reciever - ????is it even possible?

the pictures show the current setup - I have added a pair of sonos 1SL in the one room that did not have speakers. they work great.  i was able to addthe port to my iphone -just need to figure out haw to add the wired speakers and receiver...pls help!

switch box for wired ceiling speakers
back of switch box
other connection options on the back of my receiver...

current connections from switch box to back of receiver

1 reply

@distone Sorry for the slow reply and welcome to the Sonos Community. I do not have any experience with the switch box you describe or show in the photos. You may find that some of our Community users can assist you with this type of 3rd party setup. You may also want to reach out to the switch box manufacture or contact a local installer to consult on your setup.