Answered

How to add a Sub without a Play or Connect?

• 31 January 2018
  • 3 replies

I have Sonos through out the house. Some run though a Savant amp and some through Connects. I am trying to add a sub to a room that is not using a Connect. It is not allowing me and says that a sub can only be used in a room with a Play or Connect Amp. Really? Is there a work around? Thank you in advance.
icon

Best answer by Chris 1 February 2018, 00:52

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +22
You would have to assign the sub to the Connect:Amp and then group the Connect:Amp room with the room you want to be playing in.
Interesting. Is there a way to "pair" two rooms together? I have an extra Connect Amp. I could set it up without speakers and then assign the Sub to it. But I would want to make sure that whenever I was playing the one room the "extra" room with the sub would be playing. Thanks again
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
You have to have a Play speaker or Connect:Amp in room with sub. Required as they are the only ones you would setup crossover with.